|Use the drop down menu to select colour|
~ lead time: 6 working days if not available immediately ~
The BMV-712 is a high precision battery monitor and is the latest evolution of Victron's ever popular BMV range of battery monitors. It has the same functionality as the earlier BMV-702, but with the added benefit of integrated Victron Smart technology; which implements Bluetooth (as in many other Victron Energy products) – giving wireless communication between various products.
The **2 in the product name (BMV-712) refers to the fact this product features a second input which can be programmed to measure the voltage (of a second battery), or battery temperature, or midpoint voltage.
The BMV-712 has Bluetooth built-in and with Bluetooth being implemented in most other Victron Energy products, wireless communication between products will simplify system installation and enhance performance.
What's in the box?
- Mounting box and screws
- RJ12 cable
- Battery cable with fuse (2 m)
Video: Introduction to the BMV 712 Smart
Download the Victron Bluetooth app Use a smartphone or other Bluetooth enabled device to:
- customise settings
- monitor all important data on single screen
- view historical data, and to
- update the software when new features become available.
Easy to install
All electrical connections are to the quick connect PCB on the current shunt. The shunt connects to the monitor with a standard RJ12 telephone cable. Included: RJ 12 cable (10 m) and battery cable with fuse (2 m); no other components needed.
Also included are a separate front bezel for a square or round display appearance, a securing ring for rear mounting and screws for front mounting.
Video: how to connect BMV battery monitors
Midpoint voltage monitoring
One bad cell or one bad battery can destroy a large, expensive battery bank. When batteries are connected in series, a timely warning can be generated by measuring the midpoint voltage. Please see the BMV manual, section 5.2, for more information.
Very low current draw from the battery
Current consumption: 0,7Ah per month (1mA) @12V and 0,6Ah per month (0,8mA) @ 24V Especially Li-ion batteries have virtually no capacity left when discharged until low voltage shutdown. After shutdown due to low cell voltage, the capacity reserve of a Li-ion battery is approximately 1Ah per 100Ah battery capacity. The battery will be damaged if the remaining capacity reserve is drawn from the battery. A residual current of 10mA for example may damage a 200Ah battery if the system is left in discharged state during more than 8 days.
Bi-stable alarm relay
Prevents increased current draw in case of an alarm.
- Battery voltage, current, power, ampere-hours consumed and state of charge
- Remaining time at the current rate of discharge
- Programmable visual and audible alarm
- Programmable relay, to turn off non critical loads or to run a generator when needed
- 500 Amp quick connect shunt and connection kit
- Shunt selection capability up to 10.000 Amps
- VE.Direct communication port
- Stores a wide range of historical events, which can be used to evaluate usage patterns and battery health
- Wide input voltage range: 6,5 – 70V
- High current measurement resolution: 10 mA (0,01A)
- Additional input to measure voltage (of a second battery), temperature or midpoint voltage, and corresponding alarm and relay settings
Optional: BMV mounting box
Optional: BMV temperature sensor