Choose with or without installation (installation in Gauteng only)
- 7.38 kWp Solar panels
- 8 kVA Victron Quattro inverter
- 16.9 kWh Lithium (LiFePO4) battery
This is a 7.38 kWp solar system, a 8 kVA inverter, with an 16.9 kWh battery, roughly sufficient for a large household.
Grow your system
This solar kit is designed for you to expand you system in the future. All components can easily be added on later. An additional inverter can be connected in parallel, additional i-Node secondary batteries can be added later, and solar panels can be added as well.
The 18 panels that make up the kit will provide 18 x 410 Wp or 7,380 Wp per hour - and if you get the full 5.5 sun hours a day, you will get about 32 kWh of power - sufficient to charge the 16.9 kWh battery every day and power some of the load.
Before you install a solar system, we strongly encourage you to try and lower your electricity consumption by using gas for heating water and cooking, LED lights, and using other energy efficient appliances. Have a look at our blog on 9 easy steps towards a home solar installation.
The 16.9 kWh battery will provide roughly 9 hours of battery backup under the same load 32 kWh. The less load you put on the system the longer the battery will last.
This 48 V kit is made up of:
- 18 x 410 Wp Canadian Solar Panels
- Victron Quattro 48/8000/110-100/100
- I-G3N I-Node LiFePO4 Battery 16.9 kWh 48V
- 2 x Victron SmartSolar MPPT 150/70-Tr charge controller
- Victron GX communication module
Optional: installation (Gauteng only)
The installation includes all things necessary for regular installations, and we will do a site visit before if necessary. This includes:
- Mounting of the Panels
- Cables, electric Consumables such as fuse boxes, trunking, fuses.
- Installation of all components
- Commissioning and Certificate of Completion (for more info: click here)
Please refer to the FAQ section here on what is included in the installation.