This kit comes with or without installation (Gauteng only)
- 2.2 KWp Solar panels
- 3 kVA (2.4 kW) Victron EasySolar Inverter
- 2.8 kWh Lithium (LiFePO4) battery
This is a 2.2 kWp solar system with a 2.8 kWh battery, sufficient for a small household. It is a 24 Volt system and is estimated to power a combined daily load of around 11 kWh, for example:
- 10 LED bulbs for 6 hours;
- 1 fridge with a 750 kWh/year rating;
- 1 kettle for half an hour;
- 1 iron for 1 hour;
- 1 LCD television for 5 hours;
- 1 DSTV decoder for 5 hours.
The 6 panels that make up the kit will provide 6 X 365 Wp or 2,190 Wp per hour - and if you get the full 5.5 sun hours a day, you will get about 11 kWh of power - sufficient to charge the 2.8 kWh battery every day and power some of the load.
The 2.8 kWh battery will provide roughly 5 hours of battery backup under the same load. The less load you put on the system the longer the battery will last.
This 24 V kit is made up of:
Optional: including installation
This kit + installation comes complete with installation for ordinary situations within Gauteng, including:
- Mounting of the Panels
- Electric Consumables
- Installation of Panels and other components
Installation: Please refer to the FAQ section here on what is included in the installation.