|Use the drop down menu to select installation|
- 3.7 KWp Solar panels
- 5 kVA Victron MultiPlus II inverter
- 5 kWh Lithium (LiFePO4) battery
This is a 3.7 kWp solar system, with a 5 kVA inverter and a 5.4 kWh battery, roughly sufficient for a medium-sized household.
Grow your system
This solar kit is designed for you to expand your system in the future. All components can easily be added on later. For example, an additional MultiPlus inverter can be connected in parallel, additional secondary batteries can be added later, and solar panels can be added as well.
The 9 panels that make up the kit will provide 9 x 400+ Wp or 3.7 kWp per hour - and if you get the full 5.5 sun hours a day, you will get about 18 kWh of power - sufficient to charge the 5.4 kWh battery every day and power some of the load.
Before you install a solar system, we strongly encourage you to try and lower your electricity consumption by using gas for heating water and cooking, LED lights, and using other energy efficient appliances. Have a look at our blog on 9 easy steps towards a home solar installation.
The 5.4 kWh battery will provide roughly 5 hours of battery backup under the same load of 18 kWh. The less load you put on the system the longer the battery will last.
This 48 V kit is made up of:
- 9 x 400+ Wp Canadian Solar Panels (dependent on stock)
- Victron MultiPlus II 48/5000/70-50
- high-quality 5 kWh Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery
- Victron SmartSolar MPPT 150/70-Tr charge controller
- Victron GX communication module
Optional: installation (Gauteng only)
The installation includes all things necessary for regular installations, and we will do a site visit before if necessary. This includes:
- Mounting of the Panels
- Cables, electric Consumables such as fuse boxes, trunking, fuses.
- Installation of all components
- Commissioning and Certificate of Completion (for more info: click here)
Please refer to the FAQ section here on what is included in the installation.