|Use the drop down menu to select installation|
NB:This is an indicative price. Contact us for a quote.
- 5 kWp Solar panels
- 5 kVA Victron MultiPlus II inverter
- 10 kWh Lithium (LiFePO4) battery
This is a 5 kWp solar system, a 5 kVA inverter, with an 10 kWh battery, sufficient for a medium-sized household.
Grow your system
This solar kit is designed for you to expand you system in the future. All components can easily be added on later. An additional MultiPlus can be connected in parallel, additional e-Wall secondary batteries can be added later, and solar panels can be added as well.
The 12 panels that make up the kit will provide 12 x 400+ Wp or 5,000 Wp per hour - and if you get the full 5.5 sun hours a day, you will get about 24 kWh of power - sufficient to charge the 10.8 kWh battery every day and power some of the load.
Before you install a solar system, we strongly encourage you to try and lower your electricity consumption by using gas for heating water and cooking, LED lights, and using other energy efficient appliances. Have a look at our blog on 9 easy steps towards a home solar installation.
The 10.8 kWh battery will provide roughly 5 hours of battery backup under the same load. The less load you put on the system the longer the battery will last.
This 48 V kit is made up of:
- 12 x >400 Wp Canadian Solar Panels (dependent on stock)
- Victron MultiPlus II 48/5000/70-50
- high-quality 5 kWh Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery
- Victron SmartSolar MPPT 150/85-Tr charge controller
- Victron GX communication module
Optional: installation (Gauteng only)
The installation includes all things necessary for regular installations, and we will do a site visit before if necessary. This includes:
- Mounting of the Panels
- Cables, electric Consumables such as fuse boxes, trunking, fuses.
- Installation of all components
- Commissioning and Certificate of Completion (for more info: click here)
Please refer to the FAQ section here on what is included in the installation.